Facts at a Glance
Here’s a little bit about us.
Menlo School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory school for students in grades six through twelve. Established in 1915, the School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and is a member of the National and California Associations of Independent Schools.
Menlo School is dedicated to providing a challenging academic curriculum complemented by outstanding creative arts and athletic programs. The School helps students develop positive values and nurtures character development in a supportive environment that upholds the highest moral and ethical standards. Menlo’s program encourages students to reach their fullest potential and to develop the skills necessary to respond intelligently and humanely to the complexities of a diverse and increasingly interconnected world.
Total student enrollment: 795
Upper School enrollment: 573
Middle School enrollment: 222
Menlo School seeks to attract talented students of varied socioeconomic backgrounds. This year the School awarded $6.3 million in aid to 23% of the student body.
- Upper School student-teacher ratio: 10:1
- Middle School student-teacher ratio: 11:1
- Upper School average class size: 18
- Middle School average class size: 15
- # of faculty and administration members: 111
- Percent of faculty with advanced degree: 72%
Arts & Athletics
- 100% of students participate in Creative Arts during their four years at Menlo
- Creative Arts offered: studio art, graphic art, photography, orchestra, jazz band, chamber music, chorus, moviemaking, dance, drama, percussion
- Nearly 80% of Upper School students play at least one sport
- 100% of Middle School students participate in Physical Education or interscholastic sports
- # of Upper School teams: 44
- # of Upper School varsity sports offered: 21
- In the past five seasons, Menlo teams have won 16 Central Coast Section Championships and 11 CCS Scholastic Team Championships.